Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Our Lady Queen of Peace (formerly CHIJ Bukit Timah) is one of the eleven schools belonging to the congregation of the Infant Jesus. In response to the educational needs of the girls in Singapore, the school became the seventh school to be founded by the Infant Jesus Sisters in 1955. It started with sixty-two pupils with Miss Ursula Koh as the first Principal. The school was housed temporarily at the St. Joseph Sino-English School and was moved to its present premises in 1957.
Then in 1961, a secondary section was started but after a while, because of the inadequate facilities for secondary education, the congregation phased out the secondary to amalgamate with the secondary section of Boys Town School in 1973.
From January 1975, the school became a full primary school. The school was rebuilt under PRIME (Programme for Rebuilding and Improving Existing Schools) from June 2005 to June 2007. During that period, the school functioned at its holding school at 300, Jalan Jurong Kechil until June 2007.
In June 2007, the school moved back to its brand new campus at Chestnut Drive with up-to-date physical infrastructure and facilities to provide an even better environment for our pupils to learn and develop their potential. These new/additional facilities include additional computer laboratories, new IT resource rooms, bigger classrooms (90m2 classrooms instead of the former 65m2 classrooms), bigger and better equipped media resource library, new health & fitness room, counseling room, prayer room, Math room and Science rooms.
With a dedicated staff and the continued support of parents, our pupils will attain greater heights of achievement and grow up as responsible, caring and confident young women.