What is Cyber Wellness?
Cyber Wellness (CW) refers to the positive well-being of Internet users. It involves an understanding of online behaviour and awareness of how to protect oneself in cyberspace.
The focus of CW is about helping students to become responsible digital learners. When navigating cyberspace, students should demonstrate respect for self and others and practise safe and responsible use. Students should also be a positive peer influence by harnessing technology for collaboration, learning and productivity, as well as advocating positive use of technology for the good of the community.
To complement the CW curriculum in schools, parents can set a good example at home in the use of technology and play an active role in guiding our children to navigate in cyberspace. To ensure that their children are safe and have positive experiences online, parents can:
Useful Resources for Parents
- Cyber Wellness Resources for Parents
- Dealing with Cyber Bullying
- Developing Your Child to be a Positive Peer Influence Online
- Helping Your Child Manage Cyber Bullying
- It is essential to be S.U.R.E. (Source, Understand, Evaluate, Research)
- Mobile Games Addiction
- MOE Cyber Wellness
- Slides on Cyber Wellness
- Slides on Cyber Bullying
- Useful Resources for Parents